Freight Seminar exceeds expectations
WestTrans, as the regional lead for Act TravelWise, recently hosted a freight seminar, "Freight Expectations", at TfL's Palestra in Central London.
The seminar was called in response to requests from forum members to better understand methods and strategies to manage urban freight movements in order to improve local air quality, reduce congestion and make our streets safer.
The free seminar was well attended and warmly received by participants who were able to hear from the experts about the latest solutions in urban freight management.
Topics covered were:
- DSPs in practice (The Cross River Partnership)
- New guidance on DSPs and monitoring (LaMiLo, City of London and WestTrans)
- A sub-regional approach to freight management (WestTrans)
- Freight Update (TfL)
- Managing construction logistics in a growing city (Peter Brett Associates)
- Various solutions for greener, cleaner urban logistics (Outspoken)
Presentations can be downloaded here (.ppt, 33Mb).